Thursday, May 10, 2012

After all this time

Welcome here!
Since it's been quite a while I did a new quilt I thought of collecting the pictures of those I have finished in one spot. So here we go - whenever I can get a photo of the older ones I'll publish it here. There are various ones - and there are the ones that mean really much to me. To start off with the one I made in 2006 - Self Discovery, the result of a class at QU with Myrna Giesbrecht "Self Expressions".


It's made of batic fabrics. In the first detail pic I quote something that Myrna told us - "Because we have no room for failure, we have no room to begin". Something really true.

Here's the other one after this class "Still trying to figure it out". First my sketch (small original at left and the enlarged version in quilt size right hand)






And here comes the quilt:

As you can see I added a third eye because two were just not enough :-)

Here are two smaller pieces:

about balls

without name





3 comments:

  1. Brigitte, ich bin sprachlos, tief beeindruckt und gespannt, weitere Arbeiten zu sehen! Wünsche dir einen schönen ersten Advent! Sonnige Grüße Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Dir! Die anderen muss ich erst nochmal fotografieren - ich kann die alten Bilder nicht mehr finden. Dir auch eine schöne Adventszeit.
      Grüsse (mit Schnee)
      Brigitte

      Delete
  2. Ja, das wäre schön, wenn du mal Zeit zum Fotografieren fändest! Dein neues Bild ist witzig, du bist aber schöner :-)!
    Sonnige Grüße
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete